What I wore to a garden wedding

Very hot weather here yesterday... I had planned to wear one of my long sleeved cocktail dresses, but instead given the humid weather opted to wear my Zara floral dress.

Dress - Zara
Bag - Saba
Shoes - Marc by Marc Jacobs
Cuff - Basque from Myer
Bangle - David Lawrence
Nail Polish - OPI "Suzi Says Feng Shui"

Although, I've always had the bags and shoes all figured out, it's only recently that I started wearing costume jewelery on a regular basis....  My watch and stud earrings were as extravagant as I ever got! Anything more and I felt like a Christmas tree.  I've noticed though that a couple of well thought out pieces really do help pull an outfit together. And even more interesting is how the wrong piece can totally ruin an outfit. For example, last week I tried wearing a very tribal turquoise neck piece with a Chanel-style boucle jacket... wrong, wrong, wrong! I opted for a strand of pearls instead ;)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I have the same Zara floral dress, it's just stunning isn't it?

    The accessories are great, definitely wear them more often! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is gorgeous!! So perfect for a garden wedding! Hope you didn't upstage the bride :)
    Come follow my blog darling! xx
    http://cecylia.com

    ReplyDelete