My US shopping list - the items which need replacing...

This time next week I will be in the midst of packing... In the meantime I am seriously starting to think about the types of things I want to buy during my travels.  The items in my wardrobe that need replacing are the first to make it on to my shopping list.

A.P.C Fancy Mariniere Tee, Boy. By Band of Outsiders striped  cotton-blend top, MIH Jeans breton striped cotton top, Etoile Isabel Marant Ina coat, my Country Road dress, Repetto BB leather ballet flats

Black ballet flats.  I have worn my ballet flats so much that there is a hole worn through the sole.  Usually with my absolute fave leather soled shoes I take them to the cobbler to have a TOPY rubber sole protector applied.  On this occasion I didn't bother because I wasn't entirely happy with the fit of the shoes to invest a further $30 into them.  Nevertheless they became a workhorse in my wardrobe.  I am not intending to spend mega bucks on a new pair but I am after a good quality leather pair.

Black leather biker boots. My Country Road biker boots are also well worn out - to the point that there are holes in the leather lining at the heels. Given that the retail stores in the US are now starting to stock Summer attire, I am not holding my breath that I will find the perfect pair - but I'll be on the look out.

Black pumps.  My go-to black pumps are pretty much wrecked. They are looking overly stretched, they are totally scuffed up and the back of one heel is damaged. Black pumps are supposed to make a woman feel elegant - but these make me feel like I can't afford new shoes (even though they are comfortable). Time for a replacement pair!

Black leather biker jacket.  My beloved jacket is so well worn that the lining is starting to fall to pieces. I will not throw it out though - it will become the jacket that I keep in my car in case of emergencies.  I would love to find a new black biker jacket which is perfectly fitted, not too cropped and made out of soft smooshy leather just like the one which has served me so well for all of these years.

Black silk dress with sleeves.  My current Country Road number (pictured) has developed holes under the armpits.  To avoid peek-a-boo moments I always now have to wear this dress layered over a black sleeved top.  The replacement dress will need to be suitable for the office, but fancy enough to transition into Friday night drinks.

Striped tops.  I donated the one long sleeve black and white striped top which I owned because I disliked the neckline, the ruching on the ends of the sleeves and the fact that it was starting to pill.  I will be looking for a number of  new striped tops to add to my collection, especially plain 3/4 sleeve and long sleeve striped tops in black and white, grey and white and red and white with either boat necklines or soft scooped necklines.

Dark coloured wool coat.  I'll know it when I see it, maybe there is a lucky find waiting for me on a sale rack somewhere.  I'm after something in black or dark grey.

Black work appropriate handbag.  My Chloe Heloise is currently at the repairers for the second time... I guess nothing lasts forever if you use it almost everyday and use it to carry cans of tomatoes home from the supermarket! 

7 comments:

  1. Great shopping list! I went to the US in their spring so didn't find too many winter items, but since their weather is colder than ours overall they still have some stuff. Also if you have a spare day, go to Woodbury Common outlets in NY. You catch a coach there (it's about an hour away) and stay all day. Winter stuff will be on sale there :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks aelie, I will see if we can fit in Woodbury Common into our stay. I figured that maybe the transeasonal merchandise in the shops now may be perfect for our Winter climate anyway :) Also I'm not too fussed about finding the perfect boots as I manage to do so anyway shopping here in Oz and online.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't even heard of All Saints so I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That A.P.C top is so pretty, I recently tried it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to visit the A.P.C boutique in NYC :)

      Delete
  4. Hmm, your post on the black ballet flats has got me thinking. I recently got a pair at the Saks outlet for $40 and wasn't planning on getting a half sole put on because of the low price. But I know they are going to get lots of use, so I probably should. I'm looking forward to seeing your coat replacement - such a beautiful coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they fit well I would definitely recommend you get them half soled. The only reason I didn't bother with mine is like I said they were not comfy enough. I still wore them a lot which in my mind justifies the extra investment on the second pair. With respect to the coat, it's only the style I'm looking for. I doubt I will be able to find that exact coat... they are long sold out.

    ReplyDelete