February... Wardrobe additions and finally putting a dent in my cull pile

I'm still here... still culling... still eBaying... still shopping!

For the last couple of weeks I have really focused my energy into finally photographing and listing all my culled items.  It's a massive task, but seeing racks and tubs of stuff which could crystalise into cash was really starting to grate on me.  So just the other day I spent 5 hours washing, ironing, and photographing, before finally sitting down to list the items on eBay.  I presently have 41 items on there - the most ever!  This after already having sold a fair few items over the past couple of weeks.  I'm actually getting rid of more stuff than I'm bringing into the house lately, which feels awesome!

Some items are surprisingly popular, while others are just sitting there looking like they might not sell.  6 years ago, had I listed a bulk lot of Country Road and Witchery tops, bidders would be falling over themselves to try to secure a bargain. Today, my listing has 1 watcher. That's right, 1 watcher!  I smell a recession...

Anyway, part of the reason for my furious eBaying is that in February I completely exhausted my eBay kitty which I had diligently saved since last October.  I also spent all the Myer One vouchers which were burning a hole in my wallet (so much for saving them for a new laptop).  Although I've done my bit to keep the economy spinning, it makes me officially poor. Well, poor in the sense that I can't buy what I want anymore (a first world problem, I know. It's not like I actually need anything).

So what did I buy, I hear you ask:
  1. T.L. Wood dresses x 3 - the sleeveless ones are so comfy like you would not believe and machine washable too. I also think the black spotty one will look good layered in Winter.
  2. SABA white t-shirt - I actually don't really need this, but I bought it to make up the amount to be able to use a $50 voucher SABA sent me. It's loose and comfy.
  3. Country Road embellished shoulder 3/4 sleeve top - I was tossing up between the navy and the khaki stripe and ended up going for the khaki to wear with my taupe IM Dickers as the matchy-matchy element of my outfit.
  4. SABA breton tops x 3 - I love these.
  5. Country Road black ballet flats - the jury is still out on these.
  6. Rag & Bone "Newbury" knee high boots - I stalked these online all season. 





I will sign off on this blog post as I always do and say that my pant and skirt wardrobe is severely lacking.  Although I am moving forward in that I did have a bit of an Oprah light bulb moment today whilst trying on all the skirts in Country Road. I realised that I shouldn't even go there until I lose some weight. It's pants for me for now...

22 comments:

  1. Stripes and polka dots! Two things that are dominant in my wardrobe, too. And I hear you about the whole eBay pile. It feels like money just waiting to be earned, but it's such a chore to get around to it. And yes, I definitely have noticed that things are going for lower than they used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally had to force myself and put all other things to the side (apart from daily chores of course).

      Delete
  2. Those boots!!!!! The CR flats look a different shape to mine, I wonder of they have changed them?

    Wish I hadn't seen those Saba tops. my stripe obsession continues...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - aren't the boots great - I have been looking for this shape for years after similar CR ones I had fell apart on me after years of dedicated wearing.

      Good spotting re the CR ballet flats - they are different. Made in Italy this season vs made in China. The back of the shoe comes slightly higher up the back of the foot. They seem a little more hardy in that the leather at the back of the shoe is not dragging on the ground and scuffing. Still have not decided whether they are worth TOPYing though...

      Delete
  3. Absolutely adore the boots!!

    Also love the ballet flats and the Breton tops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I bought them. They cost me half my eBay kitty!

      Delete
    2. Well worth investing in good quality pieces that will last you a lifetime though!

      Delete
  4. The boots are gorgeous and I'm always an advocate for a good stripe top. Also enjoy some embellished shoulders. Just the right amount of sparkle for the daytime I think (although currently I am sitting at uni in a metallic top and oversized bling necklace so perhaps I am not one to talk)

    I am a bit so so on CR ballet flats. I mean they LOOK gorgeous but they just don't last. I find myself wearing through the sole in 3 months and they get all ratty around the back in the same time. I've tried two pairs, thinking the first may have been faulty, but both were the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I also had the issue of them going ratty around the back last season vs previous seasons. This issue seems to have been rectified with this Made in Italy lot.

      Delete
  5. Snap, we have the same CR embellished shoulder tee! I went for khaki too. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a stripe top collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My collection is ample now that I have added these - yet I still feel like I could do with a red stripe... hmm

      Delete
  6. Ah! Those SABA Kylie tees are great, aren't they? I don't know how I managed to restrain myself from buying all 3 when they were 20% (or was it 25%) off! I have a huge thing for striped tops too, so I highly approve of all striped purchases ;) The CR top looks great with the added shoulder embellishment, and hooray! You got the Newbury boots!

    xx
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the purchases! anything polka dotted or striped is a winner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only just recently got into polka dots... I think they inject a little bit of girly fun into my wardrobe.

      Delete
  8. That's awesome that you've had the motivation to list everything on eBay! I just did some eBay listings last night, and have some items I'd rather list on the US website which I'm just.. biding my time with. I've also got a huge number of things to put on Trade Me too - I did a rather big cull the other day and am feeling pretty good about it, although in some ways it does seem like my wardrobe is now a lot more limited than it has been in the past.

    I love the polka dot dresses - and are those ballet flats the new ones CR have done with the thicker leather? I had the ones from 2011 and they just got ruined so quickly as the leather was so soft it scuffed. Let me know how you go with these as I was contemplating buying a pair for myself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say that the leather of Italy made CR flats is thicker, but it's definitely is not as soft.
      Force yourself to list all your stuff for sale ASAP. It really pays off (even though not as well as in the past) and I feel as if a weight is lifting from my shoulders as I build up my collection of empty hangers.

      Delete
  9. I LOOVEEEE Those boots.

    Where and how much much if you don't mind closing? I want!

    Are they true to size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Shopbop and paid arround $480 for them.
      SAKs still have a few sizes in stock too.

      I haven't worn them yet (due to the heatwaves) so I can't give you a complete run down on the sizing, but based on trying them on around the house I think they run half a size small.

      I am almost always a 39 in Witchery and Country Road and bought a 39 in these. Although a little tight - being all leather I know that they will stretch and be perfect (like my size 38 ACNE Pistols which were beyond tight at the begining, but now fit like a glove). HTH

      Delete
    2. Thanks I have a 10% voucher at Saks may take the plunge, depending on my ebay culling.

      Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  10. As a known stripe fanatic I whole heartedly endorse your purchases.

    I'm on the slow road of eBaying, still getting used to it all. I had been wanting a very specific Nike pair of runners for ages and when I saw them online recently I cashed in all my payPal chips and got them. That's the satisfying feeling, culling things you don't need plus getting something you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree it's a very satisfying feeling. Almost like free shopping!

      Delete